- Sleeping in until 6:30 or 7am
- Walking with pup to get my coffee (weather permitting) and drinking said coffee all morning long whilst surfing the Internet, browsing the (mosty ad-filled) paper, or watching some mindless drivel on TV for most of the morning
- If I'm lucky: afternoon naptime!
- Setting the grandfather clock from "silent" to "chime."
- Eating out (what's so different from any other day of the week, you ask?)
- If not going out to dinner, cooking a special meal (I actually do like to do this, more than you'd think!)
- Staying in my sweats until the last possible moment that I have to go out and face my adoring public
- Taking a shower eventually, or not at all (Hey! It's good for your skin to have a break in dry, cold weather especially. It's true. Look it up.)
- Pulling the rocker up to the fire and enjoying a good book.
It feels soooo good. There's something so comforting about the low expectations for January. Hunker down, say warm and recharge.
(See? Another list. What a crazy list-maker.)