The No Snow Winter

Here are are on January 12 and there has still been no winter to speak of this year. We've had a couple of overnight dustings, but they did not amount to anything and were usually gone my mid-day. We've even had a couple of winter advisories and severe weather warnings...all for naught.

(Obviously, there's a difference between "no snow" in Rochester, NY and "no snow" in Atlanta, GA so my Southern friends need not comment about how they never get any snow.)


I have to admit, this whole no-snow thing is making me a little nervous. In addition to the lack of white stuff, it's been unseasonable warm this year. Christmas week the temp ranged from 40-60 degrees every day. What the heck?

Global warming?
The beginning of the Apocalypse?

Whatever the reason, I can't help but feel we'll pay for this respite with a crappy summer. I bet you'd never hear me say this, but here it goes:

I wish it would snow. A lot. And I wish it were really cold out. That would make me feel better and put me more at ease.

(As long as it's all gone by April 1.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move