Friday, January 29, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
- I'm not so sure it's a good idea for late 40-somethings to play ice-broomball against a bunch of teenagers. Nevertheless, we won 10-9! Woo-hoo! (But not without a couple of sore muscles and black and blue spots from some spectacular wipe-outs.) It was as satisfying as the time we adults kicked the teens' butts in Pictionary!
- We still don't have the Pilot back from the body shop. We are hoping to get it back this Friday after which time Mark is determined to turn around and trade it in for a Honda CRV. Whatever.
- Our Civic's bumper was scraped at a New Year's Eve party so yesterday's carwash reminded me that we need to get an estimate for that as well. The lady who scraped us promised to pay without having to go through our insurance companies (I believe her - she's a lawyer). Obviously, 2009 was not the year for the Baker cars.
- We ordered Cam's new laptop and it should be here on Monday, and that means a couple of things: (1) we won't see him anymore, and (2) I get my laptop back until it dies again (after which time I'm going to get a MacBook Pro - but that fact doesn't need to hasten it's death seeing it's already on borrowed time).
- Today, I'm taking Annalisse and a few friends to the Strong Museum. It will the first time I've been there since the Museum's huge renovation a couple of years ago. I'm sure chaos will reign.
- I'm blogging when I should be at church. I'm feeling extremely disconnected with my faith these days; maybe when we get our new pastor I'll feel a little more connected and inspired again.
- Cameron and Bonnie have been seeing each other for about a year now. I know! Can you believe it? We've had a great time getting to know Bonnie and her family better, and feel really fortunate to have great new friends.
Well, was that random enough for you? Have a great week!!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
- The Fabulous B@ker Blog is almost 3 years old - I started the blog on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - a seemingly random date. I had originally started writing the blog - an idea that had been spinning in my brain for a while by then - on Saturday, April 14, 2007. I remember the date because it was my parent's anniversary date, but more heartbreakingly, the date our first Golden Retriever, Casey, tragically died after eating two packages of chocolate chips. After that happened, I couldn't think about the blog for a while because of the sad association of that day.
- Visits to the FBB is 10,000 strong to date - Actually, it's probably more like 15,000 strong as my counter pooped out a couple of times and restarted itself. A confession: probably 500 of those visits are me checking the blog and editing posts.
- Visits have come from all over the state, country and WORLD - Google Analytics allows me to see the locations from which people are visiting. That's probably the most interesting thing about the FBB stats.
- There are approximately 275 blog entries to date - No wonder I sometime have a difficult time thinking of things to write about!
Thanks to you, faithful readers of the Fabulous B@aker Blog! I hope you'll continue to check in!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
A couple of years down the line I really regretted the shabby way I treated Andy, and what my life may have been like if things got serious between us (of course, that was never a real possibility, but you know how a teenage girl's imagination runs wild).
ESPECIALLY NOW, since it's summer in Australia. This is the fantasy that will get me through the rest of this hellish winter.
Friday, January 1, 2010
- Lose at least 5 lbs, although 10 would be better
- Get our finances in shape so we don't have to live paycheck-to-paycheck. Come on, people! This is absurd; we're on the far side of 40 and should have some money in our savings. Get with it Bakers!
- Blog more
- As always, try to be a kinder, more understanding, more patient person. Work on those listening skills and don't make snap judgements about people or situations. One of the harder resolutions to keep...
That's about all I really want to focus on this year. How about you?
Many blessings and a Happy New Year, faithful readers of the Baker Blog!