Revisiting "The List"

I live my life according to lists. Seriously, if I couldn't write things down and cross them off (and sometimes write them down just to cross them off), I'm not sure I'd ever get anything done. Remember this post when I talked about "the list?" (Or, more specifically, The Never Ending List.)

I'm happy to report that last week we were able to cross something off the list: a new stove. (Ironically, I never included a new stove on the "Never Ending List" blog entry.) Hurray. Pardon my lack of excitement, but I probably would want a new stove more if I actually liked to cook. Nevertheless, it's a pretty impressive piece of work, complete with a new (sorely needed) range hood and a long-awaited backsplash (although a little too late - the wallpaper is ruined since we didn't put up a back splash seven years ago when we wallpapered [which I hate - don't get me started]) the kitchen.

Even I have to admit the new stove is cool. It's a flat top with the controls in the front, and has two ovens: a little one which will be great for baking, and a regular sized (convection) oven. I (did not) shed a tear when they took old Goldie away...1978 called: it wants its stove back.

Next up: If all goes wel with this year's income taxes, I think we're going to put a new porch and stairs on the front of the house this spring or summer. Just think: All I need is about $100,000 and I could knock everything off that darn list. It's the stuff that dreams are made of.

Goodbye, Goldie.

Hello, Silver!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move