I'm told by a friend that Lake Ontario seemed like the Ocean yesterday, whipped up with large caps, which we don't usually see here. A couple of direct results of the storm:
- Eve's departure was delayed from this morning tomorrow morning. The kids were supposed to leave today at 5am for a couple of days in NYC. That's not happening. Hopefully they can enjoy a couple of days in the Big Apple before they are scheduled to fly out Thursday night (I also wonder what will become their flight back to Shannon with all the cancellations and delays over the last two days). At least they'll have some interesting stories to tell about being in NY during the 'largest storm of the century.' They have a meeting this morning to determine next steps.
- The kids are off school today. Fairport cancelled today's school around 3pm yesterday. I wonder if they're regretting that now as it is warm, calm and not raining out. Unless the weather take a turn for the worse today it's probably a wasted "snow day."
2:37pm Update: Eve and the Irish kids are now leaving Fairport on Thursday. I'm not sure if that means early Thursday or Thursday afternoon. I'm also not sure if they plan to spend any time in NYC or when they're heading back to Ireland. Sounds like there's a lot I don't yet know...!