There's a New (wallpaper) Sheriff in Town

Very soon I will realize one of my home decorating dreams as the wallpaper in our bedroom, Annalisse's bedroom, the upstairs hallway, the dining room and the living room comes tumbling down (well, maybe tumbling is not the right word to describe the removal of wallpaper; "dripping down" or "peeling down" might be better). Jeff, the wallpaper guy, took one look at our job and declared, "I'm not afraid of this wallpaper - I've taken down worse."

You could almost see him with a holster on his waist - one side holding the paper tiger, the other holding a scaper - spurs on his paint-stained sneakers, and the theme to "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" playing in the background (you know the one...). It was all I could take to not scream out "YOU'RE HIRED!" Sure, it's going to cost a lot of money, but Mark and I are resolved that we will never get out of debt, and it's worth it to rid ourselves of the once popular '80s wallpaper plaguing our house (I might add I'm more enthusiastic about this project than Mark is. But he was more enthusiastic about REFINISHING THE ENTIRE HOUSE'S HARDWOOD FLOORS ALL AT ONCE - WHICH RESULTED IN PACKING UP EVERYTHING WE OWNED LESS THAN A YEAR AFTER WE HAD MOVED IN AND MOVING OUT FOR A WEEK).

In March, Jeff will conquer the upstairs, and in July, the downstairs. We'll be sure to take some before and after pictures, although I'm sure it will not do justice to just how outdated, dingy and ugly the wallpaper really is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move