I just need to say this out loud

Tonight I filed FAFSAs (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the kids for the fall.

Both kids. College. Empty nest. Big bills. This is huge.

There was a time after Annalisse was born that I realized, much to my amazement, that I had "two kids in diapers." I never pegged myself as much of an Earth mother, but here I was with two kids under three. Weird.

Filing the FAFSAs brought back similar feelings of bewilderment. Here I am on the verge of having two kids in college in the fall. Aside from the financial feelings of terror - trying to minimize loans, managing housing and meal plans - come the feelings: CRAP! I have two kids in college. What's next? Weddings? Grandchildren? HOLY HOLY CRAP. 

Two kids in diapers, two kids in college. For those of you who have known me for a long time, just let that sink in for a moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move