Mom Update and a Trip to Boston

This week I took a quick overnight trip to Massena to see Mom as she fell in the bathroom and was hospitalized for a couple of days. She's doing well and in good spirits back at Carol's house, and none the worse for wear except for a nasty bruise over her right eye. That woman is so resilient! She's in good hands at my sister's, and we (Mary and I) are so lucky that Carol is willing to take care of her. In November, when everyone on Facebook is posting "the 30 days of Thanksgiving," we eternally grateful to Carol for what I'm sure is not an easy undertaking.

In other travel news...

Annalisse left this morning for Boston for her senior trip. My how these milestones keep creeping up on us. I cannot even imagine how quickly June will come, then the summer, then YOU KNOW WHAT (that is, if we make it through AP Bio)! I'm sure she'll have a great time. Even though a (crazy) Nor'easter hit the East Coast this week I think Boston will be cold but otherwise not treacherous. I'm not sure Mark and I will know what to do with ourselves this weekend. I'll probably do something exciting like put on my sweats and curl up in front of the space heater or fireplace and watch a movie or two. Just another wild and crazy Baker weekend. Meh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move