Mutants, UFOs, Conspiracy Theories and Time Travel

Last night I had the pleasure of picking Cam up from a friend's house at 1am (it was an hour-round trip altogether) because don't we always tell our children, "I don't care what time it is, you can always call us for a ride home" - a policy which he has taken advantage of twice this week: Wednesday night Mark headed out at 2am and last night it was my turn. But I'm not complaining because...

I love driving in the car in the middle of the night or the early morning - as I often have to do when I'm traveling and need to get the airport early. The first thing I do is turn the station to WHAM1180 for "Coast to Coast," which describes itself as:
A media phenomenon, Coast to Coast AM deals with UFO's, strange occurrences, life after death, and other unexplained (and often unexplicable) phenomena.
I love this show. It really reminds me that are people out there with an alternate reality who truly believe they have experienced "Shadow People," aliens/UFOs, Bigfoot sightings, and last night featured a guy who believes he's a mutant (think: X-Men) who can jump off roofs and land softly, levitating inches from the ground rather than crashing into it. He talked about how he and his other mutant friends (in particular he has a buddy who can appear and disappear quickly) are waiting for the "portal" to open in early 2013 at which time their powers will be understood by all.

Another talked about how such quick advances in technology over the last "112 years" are surely the work of aliens influencing inventors (he gave the Wright brothers as his prime example). Or how about the fact that NASA knows how to use time travel to distant planets (in, say 100 days vs. 100 years) but is not releasing that information to the general public. Conspiracy theories abound. And you know the advertisers defintely understand their audience as most ads are about Doomsday products (food and food storage, shelter) or a pill that cures cancer (that doctors don't want you to know about). Fun, fun stuff!!

Who knows, maybe it's me that's crazy one and all these people are sane. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Or, "the truth is out there."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move