Bruises

My love for the band Train began over 10 years ago with the release of "Drops of Jupiter," a song I nostalgically relate to being a hit around the time my father was first diagnosed with leukemia (he passed away two years later). Pat Monahan, the lead singer, has famously said that the idea for the song came to him in a dream from shortly after his mother died and says it's about her. If you've never heard this song or seen the video, it is a must hear/see:


(I watch this video once a month or so, when I need a mood lift.)

I've followed the band through a break-up (them, not me) and was sooooo happy when they got back together and began making music again. I dare say I like their newer stuff more than the "Drops of Jupiter" era and especially their new album, "California 37" which has some really awesome toe-tapping numbers on it. One of my fave songs is "Bruises," a melancholic, heartfelt ditty that I just can't get out of my head. The video for Bruises was just released, and the concept is not what I would have pictured, so I guess I'll just stick to listening to the song full blast in my car.

Seeing Train this summer was definitely one of the highlights of my year. Awesome, just awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move