Getting to the "root" of the matter

I love fall. I love fall, a lot, except for that nagging voice in the back of my mind that keep saying, "You can enjoy fall all you want, but just remember what's coming after fall..." There is so much to enjoy with the colors, the warm, yet cool days, the smells, and THE FOOD.

This is not a picture of my veggie
medley, but you get the idea.
One of the things I like best about fall food is the root vegetables available at the farmer's market. They are so much reasonably priced there than at, say, Wegmans, and you can get a ton of delicious stuff at a very reasonable price. Tonight I made a roasted root vegetable medley with carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, squash, and potatoes (are potatoes and squash root vegetables?). I wish I had also thought to buy turnip and rutabaga; that would have made it really yummy.

I've been missing the scent of "fally" smelling Yankee Candles (such as "Cinnamon Spice," "Pumpkin Spice," or "Banana Bread") burning in the house, so I'll have to take a trip to the mall for a couple of those sometime soon. To everything there is a season, and we are making the transition to fall. Summer, I will miss you and I'm sure the wait will seem endless until your warm days and nights return again! 

(Just for the record: Although I love spring and fall, I still think I could be happy with 80 degrees (+) and sun all year round. Just sayin'...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long-Awaited-Much-Anticipated Freshman Dance

The Last Dance

The Week that Was