The Late Summer Gift

Today was a gift of a day off that I had not expected.

It started at 8:30am with a planned staff meeting "on the porch," a yearly occurrence where my coworkers and I start the morning with a pot-luck breakfast and progress into either planning or a team building activity, or both. After eating a delicious breakfast, we headed out to the porch for our "meeting" on a warm late summer's day. It was so beautiful out! We were lulled into not wanting to go back to work...and I decided not to go. Encouraged by my great group, I stayed behind and spent a Friday at home alone with just me and my pup. We got a nap in, as well as a quick walk, and I write this from the front porch in late afternoon.

What a lovely gift they gave me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long-Awaited-Much-Anticipated Freshman Dance

The Last Dance

The Week that Was