Funk-y November

Over the last couple of weeks I've felt the funk settling in.

I've been aware for a very long time that I have Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.). Truthfully, for those of us who live in the north, who doesn't have it to some degree? But, boy, am I aware of it as I feel myself getting more cranky, prickly, hypersensitive to any type of criticism or feedback, and over analyzing any real or perceived slights against me (paranoia?), and just generally wanting to roll up into a ball. Last  week Mark was in Denver for work and I was kind of glad for that because I think he might have been on the receiving end (undeserved) for my foul moves and unrelenting picking. Best to keep a distance.

This, THIS, is why I need to live some place warm and sunny. My soul will battle the good/happy vs. cranky/unhappy Judy until the days get longer, warmer and sunnier again.

Come, spring, come!!

This post is dedicated to Barb "Ma" Bell, with whom I shared many discussions about our shared challenges with SAD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move