Transition to Fall


Today we took a ride to the Windmill in Penn Yan, which marks the unofficial start of fall for us. Looking ahead to the next month there was only one weekend we could go, as the rest of the weekends through early November are already booked. (I know! it's crazy!). It was a day that promised steady rain, but it held off while we walked through the crafts, farm stands, and baked goods. I treated myself to a sack of mini powdered donuts that is my once-a-year indulgence. SOOO Goooood!! We also bough three beautiful mum plants for the front porch. It's starting to look really fall-y 'round here.

Ever since my girl's weekend in Hershey, PA and our trip to Lancaster, PA (during which I could not find the Amish), I've been obsessed with finding a Pennsylvania Dutch hex sign for the house. I could easily order one online but I really wanted to be able to see it "in person" and make sure it is of good quality and the colors compliment the new house color. 

I was really hoping to find one at the Windmill today, but alas, my search was in vain. No hex signs. As a back up I did find an artist in downtown Rochester who makes custom signs. That will be our next stop. I expect they will be more expensive, but I don't mind paying a little more if it's of good quality and will look nice on the house. 

On a side note, there are just two more days until we enter the sign of LIBRA. Get ready!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move