Looonnnngggg Week

What a long week this has been.

It started on Monday morning with Mark's aunt Cece's memorial service and burial (she had passed away the previous Thursday from a relatively short battle with cancer), after which I hit the road for the North Country grad fairs at St. Lawrence University, SUNY Potsdam and SUNY Plattsburgh.

I got to Potsdam on Monday evening and was already feeling exhausted. A bright spot was that my pal, Heather, also happened to be in the 'Dam that night so we went out for dessert. By 8:30pm I was yawning up a storm, so I went back to the hotel and fell asleep by 9:30.

At 5:30am I received the text from my cousin that Auntie had fallen and it was pretty serious. That day was spent in uncertainty about my next steps: should I go to Massena after the Potsdam fair to see Auntie? Should I wait until the morning and see her on my way to Plattsburgh? Fate intervened and took Auntie that afternoon, so I decided to wait until the morning after which I would continue onto the Plattsburgh fair (on Wednesday night), then head home on Thursday. Then the plan was to get up early on Friday morning to head back up north.

The ride home on Thursday through the Adirondack Park was quite nice and relaxing, although a long trip (six hours door-to-door). Again, I will say how lucky we are to live so close to such a treasure. The leaves, though, had not yet started changing.

The news of the week kept piling up as we found out one of my girl's weekend best friend's (Lorie) mom passed away on Thursday, and then a good friend's mom passed away this morning. With Cece and Auntie that's four moms lost in one week. Not good.

So, for those of you keeping track at home: I've traveled approx. 1,200 miles since Monday. Boy, am I exhausted, both physically and emotionally. It really hit me last night after Auntie's calling hours that I needed to have quiet time - I was maxed out on people. Judy the introvert took over. It was a relief to get home knowing I could chill out with Jasper watching Saturday night TV (Lark Rise to Candleford on PBS) and have some down time Sunday, too.

So here you shall find me...in my "cave," heater blasting, pup at my feet. Bliss!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move