"Sh*t Just Got Real"

That's what Cam said on his Twitter account after dinner when we were discussing getting his grades up this year and what it would take? There was a bit of banter back and forth, trying to figure out what might pique his interest [let me back up a minute...he's been saying for a couple of months he's going to try to get a 4.0 this coming quarter but, since he's said similar things before, I don't really believe him. Especially since he spends every waking moment (when not with his friends) playing a game on his laptop...). Knowing that a lot of his friends have cars and he's at the age when he'd be interested in that, we agreed that if he was able to finish out the next year with an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher we would give him $2,500 towards a car next summer.

Well, that did it (whew!) - it was "on." While I'm not too crazy about being out $2,500 next summer, I really really really hope he can accomplish this goal. By next summer it will also make sense for him to get a good used car since there's a possibility his co-op a year from now could be at the University of Rochester, where he said a lot of Bioinformatics students go for their placements.

So, I stalked his twitter (which is about the only way I know what he's thinking) and it said:
 parents offering me money towards a car if i can get my cumulative up? shit just got real
It would be truly awesome if sh*t did get real and he earned a 3.2 GPA at the end of this year. Now, he just needs to get his license!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move