Wanted: Escape

Boy, do I feel like I need a change of scenery. March is a cruel, long, cold, dark, teasingly exasperating month, and I've had enough. I definitely feel like I need a little escape sans la familia, if you know what I'm saying.

I'm a little concerned about my attitude these days. I'm cranky, impatient, hypersensitive to criticism, non-sympathetic, critical, and just about any other negative adjective you can pack into one sentence. I DO NOT LIKE THIS ABOUT MYSELF, and I really feel like I need a break from the routine of work and home. I think I may be having a little bit of a mid-life crisis (of course, women get them but we don't buy cars and boats), and I feel restless and dissatisfied with many aspects of my life. In other words, is this all there is?

(Don't tell me about all the good things [kids, spouse, job, home, dog], of course I know about that and am appreciative every day; but HEY, can't everybody have a little pity party once in a while? We aren't all happy all the time...)

LUCKILY, I will get a little break from the routine next week with my trip to Washington, DC for my professional conference. I have a little secret: I love being by myself in a hotel. I love everything about it: the big bed, the crisp sheets, the TV all to myself. I am quite content with peace and quiet.

The best part is, mid-way through my stay I really begin to miss my family. When I get home I'm ready to deal with the piles of clothes, dishes, lights being left on, taking the dog out, etc. etc. ETC., refreshed anew.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move