Some Info None of Us Needed

I saw this article on North Country Now about how youths choose the same brand of "smokes" as adults, with menthol being their top choice. Articles like this, even though the real point is that the cigarette companies marketing to youths is working, bother me very much, and that's probably because I abhor "all things smoking." With two parents who smoked (and later both quit), my memories of being closed in the car with the windows up (during frosty winters) and not being able to breathe made me decide very early in life that I would never smoke (anything - legal or illegal), and I never have.

If I accomplish any one thing with my kids, I hope it will be that they will never smoke. I've talked about the disgust and dangers of smoking with them since they were very small, and am hoping those efforts work. Yuck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move