My Baby Turns 18!

Cameron celebrates his 18th birthday today, on the 18th (I think there's some some kind of special name when your age coincides with your birthdate). Happy birthday to my now-adult son!! How in the world did that happen? When the kids are little people always tell you to hang onto every moment because they grow so fast. I truly cannot believe he was born 18 years ago. It feels like the blink of an eye.

Cam has a lot of exciting things to be proud of and to look forward to. He's done pretty well for himself: he's a pretty smart kid, has great friends, has travelled abroad TWICE, has a job he loves and parents who love and indulge him. The last couple of years have not always been easy as we have all navigated the teen years and the inevitable "pulling away" that often happens, especially to adolescent boys. Cam's a tough nut to crack, but I also believe, in his case, still waters run deep. He's quiet, but very introspective with a sophisticated view of the world. He doesn't say much, so when he does say something, it's probably best to really listen.

I'm so excited to see what the next few years bring for Cam as he grows toward greater independence. I'm sure there will be mistakes and missteps, and great challenges, but there will also be great victories, fun and many laughs.

So happy birthday, Cam! You are loved very much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move