Five Years Gone

Today marks five years since my father passed away, which also happened to be on a Sunday. I suppose I'm like many others who have lost a loved one and relive that day on each anniversary. But, five years! It went very fast and memories of him are still fresh in many ways. My dreams of my father usually feature him in his last months, when he was losing weight and losing ground against his battle with blood cancer and diabetes. Even if he's "healthy" I know he won't be for long, and that he is dying. Hopefully someday in my dreams my father will visit as the healthy, happy, loving man we all knew, and I'll just enjoy him without thinking about the fact that I'll be losing him. So here's to you, Dad, as the Yankees battle the Red Sox today (which I would not have known about but my sister follows the Yankees VERY faithfully)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move