A Good Night's Sleep

Finally, a good night's sleep after two hot and humid nights with pets wandering around all night. Even though we have air conditioning, the upstairs is typically warm and stuffy when nighttime temperatures are a balmy 80 degrees (or at least it seemed). On Monday and Tuesday nights the dog and the cat wandered around all night, their nails click-click-clicking on the hardwood floors, jumping up and down on the bed, the cat meowing and making cat-sounds. I was about to banish both of them to the basement but I was too tired to get up.

Last night's temperatures were a lot more comfortable and we were able to turn off the AC and open the windows. They both slept great! It doesn't help that the kids are away this week and Jasper can't get his energy out hanging with his playmates all day. Still, I LOVE SUMMER!

Yesterday afternoon we travelled to Camp Bristol to pick Cam up for his People to People picnic in Greece. He was NOT happy about having to leave camp. He absolutely loves it, especially now that he's a counselor-in-training. In his words, "I wish I could stay there all the time." I think he means weekends and forevermore. So ironic...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move