The Newest Member of AARP

It is with much reluctance that today I become eligible to be a card-carrying member of the AARP. I'm not going to lie: I'm not super thrilled about this birthday but, as someone told me recently, it's better than the alternative.

We'll "celebrate" later with a drop in happy hour at the Blue Cactus in Fairport. Having a happy hour was a suggestion of one of my neighbors as a low pressure way to celebrate the day, which I thought was a great compromise to walking into a roomful of people yelling "SURPRISE!"  I chose the Blue Cactus so I could get a mojito. It's all about the mojitos.

So, I'll persevere through the day with the thought that I probably won't live to another 50. Time goes too quickly, and that's what bothers me the most. In the meantime, though, I'll count my blessings and live for today! Carry on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move