Silent Night, Holy Night?

Not for some after another senseless tragedy today that included not just the shooting death of two firefighters (one of which was also a policeman) and the wounding of two others, but also resulted in the loss through fire of seven homes - right in our backyard this time, in Webster, which is about 10 miles from here. I'm sure if, as recommended by the spokesman of the NRA, those firefighters had been armed they could have defended themselves. Of course, I'm being sarcastic. When will it end?

In spite of this, we will carry on with our Christmas celebrations, but I can't imagine what those families are going through. With tonight also comes a sad reminder that Aunt Mary, who, with Uncle Pete hosts the family party on Christmas Eve, has had her health challenges this year and they will continue into the new year. Our throughs are with her, Uncle Pete and Sarah during her battle against cancer. It adds to the already sort of sad nostalgia I'm having this year (and every year, come to think of it) remembering Christmas celebrations past with relatives we don't see as often as we used to, or those who have left us, and have left a hole in our hearts since.

All I can do is appreciate, love, and enjoy the time with those around me, which is what this holiday is all about anyway, isn't it? If I didn't receive (or give) another present I'd be happy and contented for the blessings of health, family, happiness and prosperity. I hope the same for you. Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move