Welcome to December *sigh*

Queue the annoyed melancholy.

Well it's here. The last month of another year that flew by way too fast. Why does time go by so quickly as we age? This guy explains it for us. Anyway, with Thanksgiving being so early this year I am feeding compelled to get our tree a week earlier than usual, and was anxious to get the house decked out and the cards stuffed and addressed. All ramped up.

I'm not super happy it's December already; not a fan of winter, it is simply something to be endured until next spring. Although, I will admit that some mornings with a fresh coat of snow do seem magical at times. The dog certainly loves it, and I usually can't wait to go out and play with him in the white stuff. Also, who doesn't like hunkering down for a good snowstorm? The excitement that schools (and businesses - and colleges!) might be closed the next day?! Better stock up bread, milk and eggs! (Why is it always bread, milk and eggs?)

Tonight starts the first of our holiday celebrations with a visit to a friend's yearly open house (also early this year because of the wacky calendar). Very important to remember: the world is scheduled to end (again) on December 21 (12/21/12). I think I'll keep my affairs in order just in case. I'd hate to have the house foreclosed on or the electricity shut off just because of some damn Mayans and the fact that they ran out of paper to continue their calendar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move