Whirlwind

This has been another whirlwind of a week. People who know me are asking, "Don't you ever stay home?" It sure seems like I don't, and I'm feeling a little worn out. Today is a precious stay-at-home day with just the usual running around to do until our quick trip to Maine tomorrow morning.

On Wednesday after work, I drove to Albany for the NYGAP meeting. It is super tough for me to do any kind of driving in the late afternoon (I'm best first thing in the morning), and I fought fatigue the whole way. After getting there I had dinner with a few friends, then we went back to the hotel bar for a couple (I nursed one beer for two hours...). Around 11pm I decide to head up to my room when at the bar I spotted:


MY SEVENTH GRADE BOYFRIEND, Pete Dishaw!

I wasn't totally surprised to see Pete since he had previously told me he came to Albany a lot for union business, but he was totally surprised to see me. He was a little, er..., alcohol impaired, so he was really confused about me being there. But, we chatted for a little bit then I headed up to my room, exhausted from the long day (Remember: I usually go to bed around 9pm). The next day I attended the all day meeting but left around 2pm as I wanted to get home in time to connect with Annalisse before she went to the mall with her friends. 


On Friday, we got up at 4am to leave the house at 5am for the Allegheny College Open House program. The drive was about 3 1/2 hours, so we got there about 8:30 and had plenty of time to grab a quick bite before going to the program. She really like the college, and I did too. I think it would be a great fit for her. The town of Meadville, PA, however, leaves something to be desired. It reminds me a lot of Massena with its run down buildings and vacant store fronts. While she liked it well enough, she still has not had that "WOW" factor at any of the colleges, with the possible exception of Roanoke College, which came pretty close. We visit Edinboro University next Friday, then Dickinson College the week after, then we don't have any additional visits scheduled. We're going to take another look at the list of possible colleges, so we line line up one or two more during August, before the opportunity to travel to colleges runs out.


I'm looking forward to our trip to Maine, but not necessarily to the long trip there and back. I've got all my reading lined up, though, which I love. I think I'll need another summer for vacation (just for relaxing) after this summer is over!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long-Awaited-Much-Anticipated Freshman Dance

The Last Dance

Let's Get This Party Started!