Weekend Unscripted

Look what we raked up.
Finally, a weekend where we didn't have every moment planned, just the way a weekend should be. It all started on Friday night after I took Annalisse to work and Mark had an after-work gathering (from which he didn't get home until after 8pm). Can you say "laying on the couch wrapped in a fluffy blanket, watching TV with my pup by my side"?! Rare are these nights!

Saturday was another winner, sleeping in and staying in my sweats all day, with just a brief jaunt to take Jasper to the field, followed by a nap (and finishing my book for tomorrow night's bookclub). Mark was off with Scott catching perch all day on Lake Ontario. Once he got home (Annalisse was once again at work) I decided to take a shower around 6pm to look presentable (a relative term) so we could go to Donnelly's for a burger.

This morning, it was up for church then raking a gazillion leaves (and they're not all down yet) on what turned out to be an incredibly warm, beautiful late fall day, which was followed by yet more lounging around! Wonderful!!

This was also the weekend our clocks "fell back." Just so you know, I'm sticking to Daylight Savings Time and will be heading to bed at what the rest of the east coast knows at 8pm. Winter solstice can't come fast enough.

Oh, and another thing...I got a chance to see several movies this weekend - which is pretty much unheard of. Jude's reviews follow:


Evita (1996) - Motivated by my obsessive love of the Evita broadway soundtrack, I decided to watch the much derided adaption starring Madonna and Antonio Banderas. My recommendation: skip it. Bad acting and even worse singing. No one can compare to Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin.


Crazy Stupid Love (2011) - Super Cute movie all around. Emma Stone is sweet and appealing ( the next "America's Sweetheart"?) and Ryan Gosling...well...let's just say he cleans up well. Really well!


Water for Elephants (2011) - I was looking forward to this one since we had read it in my bookclub. It was a pretty true adaption. I thought Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon did a respectable job, but I watched it for Christoph Waltz, whom I've been fascinated with since Inglorious Basterds. I can't help but think he's being typecase into sinister roles. I'd love to see him in a different kind of role. I find him so incredibly appealing to watch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move