Warm Weather Denial

Tomorrow I will be flying the friendly skies south to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, for a weekend meeting of the national association I belong to (to which I belong?). I'm definitely in a bit of "warm weather denial," what with the frosty and frigid conditions 'round these parts for the last two months. I just can't bring myself to pack shorts and/or capri pants, although I did pack a bunch of short sleeved shirts and some sandals for good measure. After all, it will be 80 degrees there, and sunny, of course. Even so, I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that, as I write this, I am stationed directly in front of the space heater trying to warm up and there's a distinct possibility that tomorrow at this time I could be sitting on a deck (OR BY THE POOL) sipping mojitos.

So, off to Ft. Lauderdale (cool, since I've never been there) I will go, and after one full day and part of another, I will board a plane again on Sunday to try to deal with the rest of this frozen-hell winter.

Oh, and did I mention that when I get back it will be 5 degrees in Rochester? No? I didn't think so for I am trying to block thought from my mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move