I Heart January

January is one of my favorite months. I can hear your *gasp* of disbelief at this statement since I've often vocalized my disdain for winter, but hear me out.

January is a no-pressure-stay-inside-hunker-down kind of month. The holiday hubbub is over, the decorations are put away, there are no big dinners to prepare for...you get the idea. The weekends, by nature, are usually uncluttered so a lot of time can be spent wrapped in a blanket and sitting by the fire with a favorite book or movie. FROZEN, SNOWY, HEAVEN!

The best we can hope for is a really good snowstorm that sends the town out to stock up on milk, bread and eggs, and the feeling like no other when the school closings scroll across the bottom of the TV (and, if I'm lucky, my college is closed, too - which it usually is if it get's bad enough for Fairport to close).

So here's to January's white, cold glory!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move