Gearing Up for Spring Break - Sort of

At the end of the school day today, Annalisse jumped for joy as she ushered in spring break (Cam was off today as we went to the RIT Jr. Open House. He is certainly sold on RIT, now if he can just get his grades up and hit the target on his SATs), but complained that, while her friends were going to Florida, Myrtle Beach, and other fun-in-the-sun exotic and not-so-exotic locales, SHE WASN'T GOING ANYWHERE. She bemoaned this sad state of affairs on her facebook page, stating "Why can't my family afford leaving Fairport for spring break..? I wanna go someplace extremely warm and miss school."

The funny thing is, I AM GOING AWAY FOR SPRING BREAK! On Tuesday I leave for my graduate admissions professionals conference in San Francisco, and return by the red-eye on Friday night. I love to rub this in to her, but am a little careful not to take it too far as she HATES BEING HOME WITH THE BOYS. I expect she'll be texting me out of boredom and annoyance all week long.

But getting back to "spring break." I never understood the hype surrounding the one-week school break every April. Why would I bother going someplace warm when it's already warm and sunny in Rochester? Now, February break, that's a different story. That, to me, is a very necessary, sanity-restoring break; but April break, I just don't get it.

I'll have to ponder that when I'm sitting by the pool next week in San Francisco.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move