Easter Blessings

Well, another Easter has come and gone, and for the first time in a long time we were blessed with wonderful sunny, warm weather for what turned out to be a great day of, among other things, eating! We were joined by Mom Shaio, Grandma Pat, our friend Linda (who is moving back to her native Philadelphia from Fairport tomorrow - sadness!), and Mark's cousin, Sue, who was a last minute, but always welcome, addition to our feast.

Mark and and I decided to make prime rib this year, and how yummy it was! As I've remarked a couple of times in the B@ker blog, not a holiday goes by that I don't reminisce about Christmases and Easters spent with my family in Massena, and the family traditions we used to share. Among the things that used to make Easter very special to me was the Easter morning breakfast celebration at Nonnie's, featuring frittata, a baked egg omelet with cheese and cubed ham, which was enjoyed by what seemed like a cast of thousands that filed into Nonnie's red and white checked floor kitchen.

The morning feast was always followed by a ham dinner at our house, Aunties, or Uncle Joe's house, and an afternoon spent with my favorite cousins. I do miss those celebrations, and realize that everyone is now grown up and celebrating with families of their own, and count myself fortunate - no, blessed - to once again realize how much fun it was to grow up as part of a large Italian family (even if I was the only one with green eyes and reddish hair).

Surrounded by healthy children, a great husband, and much love, I am once again reminded about how blessed I am!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move