Random Thoughts for a Sunday

I'm sorry to say there have not been any great events or inspirational thoughts to write about in the Baker Blog lately. Just a couple of nuggets to ponder:
  • I'm not so sure it's a good idea for late 40-somethings to play ice-broomball against a bunch of teenagers. Nevertheless, we won 10-9! Woo-hoo! (But not without a couple of sore muscles and black and blue spots from some spectacular wipe-outs.) It was as satisfying as the time we adults kicked the teens' butts in Pictionary!
  • We still don't have the Pilot back from the body shop. We are hoping to get it back this Friday after which time Mark is determined to turn around and trade it in for a Honda CRV. Whatever.
  • Our Civic's bumper was scraped at a New Year's Eve party so yesterday's carwash reminded me that we need to get an estimate for that as well. The lady who scraped us promised to pay without having to go through our insurance companies (I believe her - she's a lawyer). Obviously, 2009 was not the year for the Baker cars.
  • We ordered Cam's new laptop and it should be here on Monday, and that means a couple of things: (1) we won't see him anymore, and (2) I get my laptop back until it dies again (after which time I'm going to get a MacBook Pro - but that fact doesn't need to hasten it's death seeing it's already on borrowed time).
  • Today, I'm taking Annalisse and a few friends to the Strong Museum. It will the first time I've been there since the Museum's huge renovation a couple of years ago. I'm sure chaos will reign.
  • I'm blogging when I should be at church. I'm feeling extremely disconnected with my faith these days; maybe when we get our new pastor I'll feel a little more connected and inspired again.
  • Cameron and Bonnie have been seeing each other for about a year now. I know! Can you believe it? We've had a great time getting to know Bonnie and her family better, and feel really fortunate to have great new friends.

Well, was that random enough for you? Have a great week!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move