New Years Resolutions

Welcome to 2010! From what I've heard from others - and some things I've experienced myself - GOOD RIDDANCE to 2009 and the past decade. Unemployment, fear, and uncertainty seemed like overriding themes of the past several years. With aging relatives (and friends), also comes sadness and loss, and I suppose that will most likely only get worse in the years to come.

But, we Americans are borne of eternal optimism, and march willingly forward into 2010! My New Year's resolutions are probably the same as many people's, and have a familiar echo from previous years:
  • Lose at least 5 lbs, although 10 would be better
  • Get our finances in shape so we don't have to live paycheck-to-paycheck. Come on, people! This is absurd; we're on the far side of 40 and should have some money in our savings. Get with it Bakers!
  • Blog more
  • As always, try to be a kinder, more understanding, more patient person. Work on those listening skills and don't make snap judgements about people or situations. One of the harder resolutions to keep...

That's about all I really want to focus on this year. How about you?

Many blessings and a Happy New Year, faithful readers of the Baker Blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move