He Came from a Land Down Under

When I was in high school I went out with a really cute guy, Andy Vine, who was from Perth, Australia. His family was in Massena for his Dad's job at Alcoa, and I honed in on him right away. He was tall with dark hair and, of course, so exotic - being from Australia and all. Unfortunately, for him, I suppose, it turned out he was really just a transitional guy for me: someone to hang out with between the one who broke my heart and the cad who followed.

A couple of years down the line I really regretted the shabby way I treated Andy, and what my life may have been like if things got serious between us (of course, that was never a real possibility, but you know how a teenage girl's imagination runs wild).

ESPECIALLY NOW, since it's summer in Australia. This is the fantasy that will get me through the rest of this hellish winter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move