Just Don't Ask for the Keys

Yesterday was a busy day for all as Cam turned Sweet 16. As with other years, I lament: Where did the time go? I wonder if I'm the only mother who relives my child's birth day (I would expect not), glancing at the clock every couple of hours to recall "what I was doing 16 [or 13] years ago at this time."

I started the day by bringing my car for an inspection and 30,000 mile checkup/maintenance ($$), from then we were were on the run for the rest of the day:

  • we headed to the eye doctor so Cam could get his contact lenses (his birthday present),
  • I took Cam and his friend Bonnie to the skating rink for a couple of hours,then, it was out to dinner at the Plum Garden with Lena, Ken, Nara and Jim. Cam's friend Bonnie came along, too.
Whew! I couldn't even stay awake during Lost (I'll have to watch it online today) since I didn't get to squeeze in my nap. It was a busy day, but a good one. Thank God Cam is not focused on getting his driver's permit like most 16 year olds. I think we'll wait for Meema/Jeanne to get home from Turkey for that one. She's taught five kids to drive, what's one more?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move