CRANKY

OMG am I cranky! So cranky and lazy that I have not managed a post since Christmas. The winter blues are in full force, and this winter has been very brutal so far; freezing temps, tons of snow, and cloudy, dark days. In fact, we have not even had our Greco Christmas yet as it has been postponed twice because of hazardous weather conditions. I really could use some sun and surf right about now. Seriously!

But, the new year is marching on. Cam is busy learning his new job, and on Monday Annalisse started her new rotation at St. Peter's Health Partners in Albany. She will be there for 10 weeks, then starting (I think) her community rotation. It's going fast, and I am wishing it away a little because I really want spring! It's hard to believe she will be done with "school" for good soon. Well, mostly. She still needs to finish her online master's degree, but I think she'll definitely need a break from academics (with the exception of studying for the RD exam) after her internship. We are also hoping Cam hears about the Data Science master's program soon.

Back to cranky...this year has been so much of a struggle so far. I feel like my weight is out of control and we have been doing absolutely no walking with the weather being so cold, icy and snowy. When I get home from work I just want to hunker down and read or binge-watch shows on my iPad. Not good. Mark has also been cranky. Vacation needed! Last weekend I looked longingly out onto my porch. I MISS IT!

{The constant barrage of stressful tRump news does not help my mood one bit!}

Soon I'll be making plane reservations for the NAGAP conference in New Orleans in April. As of now, Mark will be joining me and hopefully he can get some fishing in. As you can imagine, we are looking forward to that.

So, I'm trying to keep focused on positive thoughts. It's now always easy, but I have so much to be thankful for I just need reminders every once in a while!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long-Awaited-Much-Anticipated Freshman Dance

The Last Dance

The Week that Was