In Praise of Mad Men

Here's another one of those occasional pop-culture posts...

One hundred twenty-nine channels and nothing to watch has forced me to the Internet to find my entertainment. For the last month or so I've been catching up on the first two seasons of AMC's Mad Men, the critically acclaimed and stylistic period drama about Madison Avenue Ad Men in the early 1960s. I'm totally hooked. It feels like a flawless representation of a time when smoking all day long was just another part of life, and you didn't go much past noon without your first bourbon. Not to mention rampant extramarital affairs and oppressed women. Of course, I don't know for sure if it's true to life because I was barely born when in the time the show was set, but what fun! Check it out if you get a chance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move