Patience...

Heartbreak, Round 2
Today we found out we will not be able to get a puppy from the litter born on May 29. There were 10 puppies, but only 2 of them were females, and there were three people on the list before us. We really want to hold out for a female, so it's back to the drawing board. Will we ever get another dog? I see the "summer of the dog" fading away, even though it's only a couple of days away from June.

Oh well. I suppose we'll REALLY appreciate our puppy when we finally get her. I've been acutely aware for a while that sometimes you just have to sit back and stop trying so hard, and, as my friend JoAnn used to say, let the universe take care of things. We all just miss our companion so much! This will be a good lesson in patience, and I'm sure it will all be worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move