Chistmas Vacation

The gifts are all cleaned up, and we are spending the final days with our little tree. Christmas was great, a non-stop round of fun and family. For Cam, it was the Christmas of Clothes (a new suit, fancy shoes, leather belts, sweaters, shirts, jeans), and for Annalisse it was the Christmas of shoewear (wellie boots, Tom's shoes - oh, and a new iPhone), and for Mark: the Christmas of Orvis (we are so happy there is now a nice Orvis store in the Rochester area). For me, it was the Christmas of the ring.

A little while ago my sister Carol gave me Mémère's engagement ring. It was probably around 90 years old, tarnished and worn out with the small diamond chips and little pearls (that were left) barely visible. We took it to the same jewelry designer who had made our wedding rings (and a couple of rings since then) for restoration, and the results were incredible. The thing I love about the ring is that it is so simple  and petite, and not overwhelming. It was by far the best thing I got this Christmas and I love it!!

Tomorrow (weather permitting) we will trek up to the North Country for a Christmas celebration with my sisters and their families, then it's a couple days of hanging around before heading to Arlington for a quick visit with the Virginia Shiaos.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move