The News from Southwest Rochester

I'm sure you're all wondering how Cam is doing at RIT...probably losing sleep wondering! Wondering! Wondering! Wondering!

As far as I can tell, he's doing well so far. I've seen him twice: once when he wanted to come home to pick up some gaming stuff (and sign his athletic paperwork for crew), and last Sunday when we picked him and his roommate, Michael, up for dinner at Zebb's. Both boys are VERY quiet, so it's a little tough to get information without dragging it out of them. Truly, I couldn't tell you how his schoolwork is going because every answer, when asked, is "good" (although I don't believe he's actually gotten any grades back yet), but his social life seems to be on track.

In addition to his plan to join crew (the interest meetings are this Thursday and Friday), he informed me last night (at 10pm) that he joined the debate team and will be traveling to Binghamton this weekend for his first debate (I wonder how the floodwaters are doing down there...poor people!). Only a little hint of irony there since he never talks much...

Of course, in the back of my mind I'm still a little nervous about his academics and look forward to getting feedback on that sometime soon. In the meantime, though, we text back and forth when needed (mostly for issues regarding $$ and requests to transfer more of it from his savings to his checking account), and exchange the occasional phone call. We're all settling into our new routine, and Annalisse claims to miss her brother and says she doesn't like being an "only child" (plus Jasper!). Hmmm...I'm not so sure about that one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move