A Capitol Vacation

Tomorrow we embark on our last getaway as a foursome as we head to Northern Virginia to visit Mom Shiao, Dave, and the kids, and also to see our German exchange student, Belinda, as she visits her family in Virginia. I never tire of visiting the Washington area (except for the crazy, intense traffic) as there is always so much to see and do.

This time, we're going to head up to Mount Vernon in Alexandria. The kids and I went there quite a few years ago, but Mark has never been so that should be fun. That means this year we will have visited two president's homes (the other being Monticello in April). I don't even mind the long car ride as it's always broken up by a visit to the Country Cupboard in Lewisburg, PA, and gives me a chance to get caught up on my reading.

Check back for a trip report!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long-Awaited-Much-Anticipated Freshman Dance

The Last Dance

The Week that Was