Still Not A Line-Waiter

I must say I wish I was more of a patient line-waiter, because now that I'm ready to buy an iPad 2 I can't fined one. Due to underestimating demand (or some other lame excuse, like the inability to get certain parts for the iPad 2 since the earthquake/tsunami in Japan), there is not an iPad to be found. My coworker, Tonya, who is MUCH MORE patient than I am stood in line for three when they went on sale on March 11 and, is probably enjoying her iPad, "as we speak."

But then, I've never had much patience for waiting in line. For this reason, a trip to Disney* has never been a really high priority for me (in fact, the idea of the crowds and the lines, to say nothing of the cost, is a bit of a nightmare for me), and when I encounter a long line for an event or to get food, I usually step aside and wait it out. I recall a time when the kids were little, and I got up early to go shopping on a Black Friday (which I never, ever do), and within a half-hour of being in Toys-R-Us I abandoned my cart and headed out the door.

So, on the bright side, I guess I don't need to feel the pressure to spend $600 on a new iPad right now. The downside is, I still want one. A lot. : (

*If I had not gone to Disney for a conference five years ago, I'm pretty sure I still would not have gone there by now. During an afternoon break I walked from my hotel to The Magic Kingdom, wandered around for a couple of hours, stood in line for "It's a Small World," and walked back to my room. I can now check that one off my list. Annalisse, who has always wanted to go to Disney, will probably cite this as a reason for her ruined childhood when she's in therapy during her mid-life crisis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move