Road Trip!

Here I am wishing time away again. I HAVE GOT TO STOP DOING THAT! But I really can't help it...I'm so looking forward to our short break next Wednesday when we travel south for a quick trip to visit Mom S. in Arlington VA, then head out early on Thursday on Thursday to visit Sue and Ken in Roanoke. We haven't been to visit them in several years so I'm really looking forward to it. It's such a nice area. While there, we're going to take Annalisse to look at Roanoke College, which is a college very much like the one's she'll be considering a year from now when we begin to look at colleges for her.

Another fun thing I talked to Sue about doing was a day trip to Charlottesville to see Jefferson's Monticello. A trip to Monticello's been on my list a long time, so I'm really excited about that possibility as well.

I'm soooo looking forward to a change of scenery and a break from work. Although I like my job very much, I feel like I haven't had a physical and technological break for it in a while. This will be one of those trips when I tell the staff to only contact me if it's an emergency or calling me is a last resort. Ten hours in the car (each way) with my book and a stack of magazines sounds like HEAVEN right now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move