Another Reason to Love Fairport - Even in the Winter!

I haven't written anything lately about how awesome it is to live in Fairport, so it seems like I'm definitely due. Yesterday, I found yet another reason to love living in Fairport: the Labatt Blue Rochester Pond Hockey Tournament.

This past weekend hundreds of players and spectators came out to see teams compete on the Erie Canal, which is right down the street from my house. This is apparently the "Second Annual," and I heard from one of the players that last year's tournament was on Conesus Lake - I hope they'll consider Fairport a "permanent home" since it's so conveniently situated. It's a really cool event in these days of mostly-only skating indoors. What better place for such a tournament than Fairport? The players need only to walk down to the street to a restaurant or pub when they're hungry (or in need of an adult beverage), and I'm sure the area businesses have also benefited from the increased foot traffic this weekend.

Last night we went out with friends for a mini-Fairport Pub Crawl as a goodbye party to a couple who's moving to Philadelphia. Two of the pubs we went into were packed with rowdy, touque-wearing hockey players...it was awesome! What a great energy in the Village!

See, I can always find great reasons to live in Fairport - even in the winter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move