17 Years Ago Today...

That's usually what I say to my kids from sun up to sun down on their birthdays, as I recount every hour and every highlight of they day they were born. Today, Cam just rolled his eyes with every time I said it, recounting all the exciting events from "17 years ago today."

And how did the birthday boy spend his day? He was at robotics from 10-7 putting the finishing touches on "Uncle Ralph," this year's robot for the robotics competition at RIT the first weekend in March. After robotics, we're heading over to Grandma Jeanne's for one of his favorite dinners (Chinese pork spare ribs), then I'm sure when we get home he'll get on his computer and that will be "it" for the rest of the night. Tomorrow he's in robotics all day again, but we'll be going out to one of his fave restaurants, Selena's, for dinner.

So, I guess you could say we didn't get to see much of him on his big day. It's at times like these, and a lot of times lately when he's not home, that I think it's all part of the master plan to help parents and their children eventually go their separate ways, whether it be to college or out of state for a their first big job. One day they're coming into the world, and the next they're ruling it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move