Here Comes Trouble

Last night, after months of saving her hard-earned babysitting money, Annalisse bought the "phone of her dreams." I was very proud that she was able to save over $200 through her mother's helper gigs, and, if you know Annalisse, you know the temptation she struggled with anytime she went into a clothing store or to the mall.

Another milestone: I finally gave in and added texting to all the family phones. Hey! At least that makes us one of the last families with teenagers to give in (I'm sure there are other teens who do not have texting, but there sure are a lot more who do!). I've been reluctant to get texting, especially for Annalisse (Cam doesn't care about it), because it drives me crazy when kids sit around texting instead of actually talking to each other. But, lately I've found a couple of practical reasons for texting, especially since the kids are becoming more independent and sometimes they, or you, need to send a quick message about a change of plans or location that doesn't really need a phone call.

We will continue to monitor this situation closely so the worst aspects of texting do not rear their ugly head(s) in the Baker family. I think it also goes without saying that texting during driving will be absolutely FORBIDDEN (not to mention that it's now illegal in NY state), and if I see it happening...you don't even want to know.

(Mary: thanks again for your lack of support during the period that Annalisse DID NOT have texting and for not backing me up when I refused to get it.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move