They say the best thing about retirement is...

...Sunday night! That saying also goes for the Sunday night before a week of vacation! Which starts NOW!

I've been really lax about blogging lately. I do have some ideas I'd like to blog about, but with the kids home it's been really hard to get a block of time on the computer. That's mostly true, but is probably more of an excuse for the fact that I'm really busy right now, and simply have not taken the time to blog!

Here are some highlights of the last week:
  • Last weekend we travelled to Massena for a family picnic with Aunt Jeannine and Uncle Larry who were visiting from Edmonton, Alberta. I think I've written before about how awesome Aunt Jeannine is, and it was GREAT to see a bunch of other relatives all at once. My super nephew even taught the kids some drinking games (using gatorade)...that was just great.
  • Cam is still really busy with camp. He's home this week but goes back on Sunday for another week. In all, he will have spent five weeks at 4H Camp Bristol this summer. He would move there if he could!
  • Annalisse is raking in the dough babysitting this summer. Last week alone she made $140! Of course, it burns a hole in her pocket! This past weekend she went to spend a couple of days with Aunt Mary in LaFargeville, and between shopping and hanging out in Alex Bay for Pirate's weekend, they both got their fill of girl time.

I just got back from Saranac Lake for my annual girls weekend with Sue, Lorie, Heather and Gina. It's always a wonderful, fun, relaxing couple of days with my girls who mean so much to me!!

Getting back to the original point of this post: I'm off for a week's vacation! We don't have much planned as the week is filling up already for Annalisse with babysitting jobs and hanging with her peeps. But, with Mom home now we'll get some swimming in (Summer is FINALLY here) and just generally hang around with Jasper. I expect he'll also reap the benefits of my week off with a couple of trips to the creek!

I will post pictures of my Massena weekend with Aunt Jeannine soon (Annalisse has them on her computer). Until then....stay cool!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move