In Praise of the Staycation

Today is the last day of my week's vacation spent hanging around the house. I'm quite lazy by nature, so having the week spread out ahead of me with not a lot planned was a real dream. Alas, why is it that vacation weeks always go so fast and work weeks always go so slow?

I made a to-do list at the beginning of the week and I'm happy to report I was able to check everything off. This exciting list contained such compelling activities as "pick up a 'new driver' handbook at the community center" and "file kid's stuff in their bins in the attic." Oh! And don't forget the very necessary, "Get a new watch battery." Mundane stuff, but ultimately satisfying because these are things that have been on the list for a while now. The highlights of the week were being able to take several dips in grandma's pool, and we were blessed with great swimming weather during what some have said has been the nicest week of the summer.

I persuaded Mark to take today off so we can spend my last day of vacation much like the previous day's vacations: checking stuff off the list. Today's exciting activities will include taking Cam out to look for some playing cards he's been wanting, and checking out couches to go with the new rug (which is not here yet).

Try not to get too overwhelmed with excitement!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move