It's a Wonder He's Not Hallucinating

Cam arrived home yesterday around noon after an overnight bus ride from the Robotics competition in Atlanta. You should have seen the dark circles under his eyes! He self-proclaimed proudly, of course, that he had only gotten 1-2 hours of sleep a night. Whatever! I remember being proud of that when I was his age, too, but it was usually just one nights worth. Mark picked him up at the bus drop off point, brought him home, I saw him for a minute before I ran out the door in search of a new suitcase for our NYC trip. When I got home a couple of hours later he was already at his friend Bonnie's house. I couldn't believe it! How good of company could he have been? Turns out he spent a good portion of the day catching catnaps while Bonnie and her cousin played computer games. When I picked him up at Bonnie's at 9:30pm I let him stay up just long enough to upload his pictures from the trip, then sent him packing to bed. I wonder what time he'll get up today?!

On another exciting note, Mom called from Turkey over the weekend to say they had located several Turkish rugs that met our size and color specs. We ended up choosing a blue print 10 X 13 rug that contains a lot of the earthy colors in our house. We're very excited and look forward to getting it in the fall. It will be shipped back to DC with Dave and Amanda's furnishings when they leave Ankara in early July, so it will take several months to get here. No worries, though. Since we'll be choosing new furniture and window treatments based on the rug, it looks like that part of the project will extend into the new year. Very cool!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Long-Awaited-Much-Anticipated Freshman Dance

The Last Dance

The Week that Was