Are we coming or are we going?

Yesterday at 5am Cameron left for Atlanta for a robotics competition. After 15 hours on the bus (and numerous stops along the way), they were scheduled to arrive at around 10pm. Did they? Who knows...he won't answer his phone.

The Atlanta trip is just the beginning of a whirlwind of big travel weeks for the Bakers. When Cam gets back around noon on Sunday, he'll have a day to recover from the long bus trip (and what I assume will be days of fun and very little sleep) before we leave early Tuesday morning for New York City, where I'll be attending a conference and dragging the family along. You may find this hard to believe (since I've lived in NY State all my life), but I've never been to New York City. Let me qualify that: I've driven through some sections on the way to a family wedding on Long Island, and I've flow into and out of it many times, but I've never visited as a tourist. So, I'm looking forward to doing some "touristy" things before I'm committed to a windowless room for several days during the conference (of course, the family can continue on their conquest of the Big Apple...). More on that in the days to come.

Then, on the Thursday after we return, Annalisse heads to Washington, DC for the 8th grade trip. Overlaid in all these travel plans is putting the house back together after our paint job, which will be occurring while we're in New York (and beyond).

Whew!! That should make for some interesting fodder for the blog! Just let me know where I should be, when!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move