Impulse Shoppers, We Aren't

Long before the current economic crunch (that's been affecting us in what seems like forever), we've been the type of people who consider our purchases very carefully. Rarely do we buy something without some level of research, asking around, and going from store to store to check pricing and style options before making our final decision. The exception to this might be when we're at an arts festival, studio or specialty store where we find a one of a kind item that we just "can't live without." My recent search for a new shower curtain for the upstairs bathroom was no exception. Last weekend we spent a harrowing two days peeling wallpaper off strip by small strip in one of the dinkiest rooms in the house. You would have thought it would have taken a couple of hours to do the room - it's that small, but no! The bathroom is one of the rooms we'll be painting in this phase of the renovation project.

So, I basically knew that I wanted the bathroom to be a "warm, coffeehouse" color, but was not exactly sure which one. This time around, I got smart! I decided to find a shower curtain I like and select the paint from there, rather than trying to choose one of over 2,000 colors and head out on a wild goose chase to find accessories to match (age=wisdom?). Last weekend I headed out to Target first, where I found a curtain I liked but they were out of stock. No problem. Try another Target...that one was out, too. Okay, head over to Sears, JCPenney, KMart...uh oh. Nothing I liked. Head over to another Target...they're out of the original curtain, too. Panic sets in...over to yet ANOTHER Target...there it is! The last one!!

The new curtain and matching rug is just what I wanted! Look at all those warm, earthy colors! The possibilities are endless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Newest Musical Obession

The Week that Was

Bakers on the move